Hi,

I've also seen the comments on the BCC (Bavarian Contest Club) reflector as well as off list, and it sounded to me like at least a couple of the problems (T/R switching, internal noise) only affected single K3s. It would be very interesting to know more about the power supply situation on the island, which band the K3s was being used one, was RF getting into places it shouldn't, etc. At any rate never seen this on my K3, but then again it hasn't been stressed like the K3s on VP6D.

Off reflector, I was told that they never changed the default values for the AGC, so this may be (have been) a real problem or just a question of taste. I wonder if the AGC mod for close in strong signals was done to the VP6DX K3s before they were delivered. I would assume so...

vy 73 de toby
--
DD5FZ
K2 #885