This is A/B approach is a "transmit on the wrong VFO" accident waiting to
happen.   The tap again is what can get lost in the heat of the action.

There simply is no substitute for a second VFO/sub rx that is in RX all the
time.
That being said.  One could always tell (just after the FT-1000MP's came out
in numbers) who what using a new MP.  They were the ones transmitting on the
DX's frequency.  Nothing is foolproof.

de K3KO

Why not use the A/B button instead of REV when working split? No acrobatics
necessary. Tap it once, tune the other frequency, tap it again and you are
back where you started.

73 de ab2tc - Knut