Thanks for the clarification Ian.  Will pass it on.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Ian White GM3SEK
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:48 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3/10 For Sale or Trade

Greg wrote:
>I'll bring this with Wayne.  If he approves I'll put it on the update list.
>The request will be for a menu option to swap the SUB and REV functions.
>But remember there won't be an icon to indicate the status.  So once you
set
>it - it's up to the user to remember.

Sorry, that isn't what I was suggesting.

As far as I can tell, the SUB button is completely dead until the KRX3
is installed. My suggestion was to put that wasted button to use in
radios that don't have the KRX3, by making *both* SUB and REV do exactly
the same.

The difference between the two buttons is their location. REV is good
for two-handed tuning, but as Paul identified, a convenient one-handed
'hold to reverse' function is vital for radios that don't have a second
receiver. The SUB button would add that convenience.

When the KRX3 is installed, the SUB button has to go back to its labeled
function - and that's fine too, because the 'hold to reverse' function
is hardly needed at all (the FT-1000 doesn't even have it).

Swapping SUB and REV is a totally different issue... and I can't see
much reason for wanting that.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Checked by AVG.
10:34 AM