I have to admit that I would like to know the answer to this one too!

Vic, the idea is to minimize any propensity for Tx error. Far too many ops call the DX station incessantly without listening. These are the guys I would really hate to see using A/B.

If you're really cognizant about your operations, it can work well. I would like to avoid the embarrassment of transmitting by accident at every opportunity. By contrast, no matter what state the REV button is in when operating split after the initial set-up, I won't transmit on the DX station -- unless I've spun VFO B down so low as to create interference. That's a far less likely situation.

Paul, W9AC