Norm Klieman wrote:

When I power the K2 up, it is like it has no antenna
connection (I have the KAT 100 external tuner that I

In trying to improve the subject, I've assumed that you have no received signal, but I'm not completely sure what you mean by like not having an antenna connection.

use with the rig). When I also power up only a few of
the letters for ELECRAFT appear on the LED Screen.

Exactly what appears on the L*C*D screen is important, as one of the uses of the ELECRAFT display is to indicate exactly how far the rig got through the self test before failing. Unfortunately, the codes for this are not published. (There could be other reasons for a partial display,)

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to Elecraft products and more general topics related ham radio"