I would like to make a few comments and ask some questions.  This is by no
means a put-down of the the K3, because I am not sure I am operating the rig
correctly.  After all it is a SDR and it is new.

During my first foray into SSB Contesting with the K3 during WPX, I found that
I need either:

1.  Understand more about the DSP and the controls for BW, Hcut and Lcut

2.  Obtain a narrower roofing filter for SSB - like a 1.8 Khz filter

3.  Or both.

I spent some time trying to find the sweet spot in the radio for SSB using the
2.8 Khz filter.  I don't think I found it.  At least, I am not satisfied.

I tried narrowing up the filter bandwidth to 2.4 or 2.2....some times 1.8.
I tried shifting it up and down the bandpass.
I tried to use High Cut and Low Cut depending on where the offending signal was
coming from.
AGC was on Slow with the standard settings.
Used the RIT a lot

It seemed I was always fighting some sort of side band splatter or stations
close in on the frequency.  Maybe it was just a crowded 20 meter band, but the
same things happened on 40 meters.

Do I need to go to a 1.8 Khz filter to give the DSP a break?
Do I need to understand and play with the RX more to make sure I am doing it
right.

I would like to some feedback and comments on how other people set up their K3s
for SSB contesting.

I want to learn more about this radio.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?