Thanks for bringing up the filter topic -

This is one of my main questions now.  I finally ordered mine with no
optional filters and plan on adding them to the order before ship BUT I do
not know which will be the best for me.  I suppose the answer to that is
that it will be different for everybody.  I do expect to add the second
reciever board at some point, maybe not before initial ship.

Some sub-topics:

1) Is there any point in ordering the 200, 250, 400 and 500? Probably not.
Somebody explain how the filters are selected by the radio and recommend a
couple of reasonable configurations please.  I want to be able to run  PSK,
RTTY, CW and SSB and mainly I want to not have to deal with nearby signals,
I want them GONE.

2) a. Why would you order a 2.8 when you get a 2.7 with the radio?
  b. Can you order the 2.8 instead of the standard 2.7 and receive "some"
credit for the 2.7 you didn't want?

3)  Will the 1.8 make the SSB hard to understand vs possibly the 2.1?  I
almost ordered the 1.8 but wasn't sure so didn't order anything yet.

4) What would be the best filter for RTTY?

5) Which filter will be best for PSK?  A 6K filter or a 2.8 or narrower
looking at just part of the band at a time?

Pick one (or all) and give me your thoughts,

THANKS,
de Jim KG0KP (NewBee)