In anticipation of my purchase I downloaded the K3's instruction manual.
This manual states that Synchronous AM mode can be used. Can Elecraft please
verify that the K3 does not yet receive in Synchronous AM mode?

Synchronous AM is not yet implemented.

Do you
expect to provide this functionality within the next 2 or 3 months, or is it
a year or more away?

I doubt it will be available in 2 months. I suspect it will be available in much less than a year.

As I mentioned earlier, it is on the task list, but there are higher priority items on the list which must be completed first.

73,

Lyle KK7P