Lyle KK7P wrote:

>> ...I would like to know if Elecraft plan to incorporate Synchronous
>> AM detection?
>
> Eventually, the plan is to have a synchronous AM detector in the K3.  It
> is behind a number of other tasks on the list, but it is on the list.
>
>> I noticed the latest firmware update includes wider AM IF bandwidths. Can
>> Elecraft disclose what these bandwidths are yet please?
>
> The software being tested now brings the IF bandwidth up to 10 kHz if
> you have the FM filter installed, 6kHz if you have the AM filter
> installed.  AF response in the 4-ish kHz range.  AF response will
> eventually improve to around 5 kHz.
>
> 73,
>
> Lyle KK7P

In anticipation of my purchase I downloaded the K3's instruction manual.
This manual states that Synchronous AM mode can be used. Can Elecraft please
verify that the K3 does not yet receive in Synchronous AM mode? Do you
expect to provide this functionality within the next 2 or 3 months, or is it
a year or more away?

Thanks again,
Shane
VK5ABQ