Hank,

You are correct for HF band usage - that operation should remain 'as is'. I believe the original request came from a VHF/UHF/microwave type person where the type of operation that is often used is to switch to CW when the SSB signal gets weak. As a result, such a function (if implemented) should be active only when the transverter bands are selected.

There is also a VHF desire that the CW signal will be heard when the receiving end is listening in SSB mode - so the CW vs. CW-reverse selection becomes important and the CW frequency offset desired is different than that normally used on HF.

73,
Don W3FPR

hank k8dd wrote:
I don't know about "Auto CW or SSB"
I can hear the CW pileup now ...... some guy hits his foot switch as he
leans
over to grab the spilled beverage and says "oh darn" or something like that,
and the rest of the world knows he has (a) a K3 and (b) spilled his beer.