Ron,

Warning: RANT ON --

Before we get more confused with terminology, it is not a "stacking" memory if you can retrieve from any slot in the memory - that is random access.

A "stack" can only be loaded/unloaded from one end (usually referred to as the top) and one must sequentially remove entries until the one wanted is present. The K3 regular band switch is more akin to a "stack", but not quite since it wraps around and one can move in either direction.

I don't care what other manufacturers and hams have called things, but many have certainly strayed far away from what they are supposed to mean. For instance, what is commonly referred to as a 'zepp' antenna is nothing like the original, the G5RV has been quite mutilated, and L.B. Cebik (sadly now SK) had long been an advocate for striking the word 'counterpoise' from the ham language because it has become so misused that we now have a term for something that has no clear definition of what it is, so we always have to ask for details. Please, let's not start this with memory naming - the programming field has long had meaningful definitions for such things and they make sense - it would be nice to keep it that way.

RANT OFF

73,
Don W3FPR

Ron Durie wrote:
I have programmed the keypad as band switches and programmed M1-M4 on each
band. I have also programmed frequencies into my memory locations. This works well but takes some getting used to.

Maybe I should think of it not as a Band Switch but as a frequency Stacking register. Any frequency can be put into any stacked position.