On Wed, 07 May 2008 10:51:42 -0400, Don W3FPR wrote:

>Ron,
>

>A "stack" can only be loaded/unloaded from one end (usually referred to
>as the top) and one must sequentially remove entries until the one
>wanted is present.  The K3 regular band switch is more akin to a
>"stack", but not quite since it wraps around and one can move in either
>direction.

I miss FORTH [sigh]...

But back to radios... I wonder if it would be useful to implement a
Very-Coarse tuning rate, say 5 MHz per full turn of the VFO knob.
That would be your band switch.

With such a rate you could quickly get to any band, ham or SWL or
whatever. However, if you should select a ham band with this coarse
tune VFO, it would automatically recall your previous settings for
that band (same as the Band buttons work)

It could be accessed by holding "Coarse" while turning the VFO knob.
Perhaps this could be managed with one hand?

[OK, I don't have a K3 and haven't read much of the manual, so
probably shouldn't be making comments at all. The above is just a
suggestion. If it isn't a useful one just ignore it; I'm not really
looking for any feedback on it.]

73,
Drew
AF2Z