I've noticed the same.  Since local noise that I can't cure (yeah, I
could write to the FCC, but I'm not supposed to have antennas anyway,
so they could just write tol the HOA) is my biggest problem, I want a
rig that will help me work through it.  I still have a lot of side by
side testing to do with the K3 and the FT-2000D, but my initial review
has really gone to the K3.

73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R