John,

No matter what 'system' a particular person uses, he will get used to it.
I have mine set:

1 = 80m     2 = 40m     3 = 30m   --- "the low bands"
4 = 20m     5 = 15m     6 = 10m   --- "the high bands'
7 = 17m     8 = 12m     9 = 6m     --- "the WARC bands (almost)"
                 0 = 160m                   --- " TOP BAND "

60 meters is seldom used here, so it is select 80 meters and then tap the BAND up button.

I can easily remember the order without having to remember what number is associated with it. YMMV, everyone's mind works differently. I wonder how ON4UN would want to set his? Maybe he is happy with the BAND buttons.

73,
Don W3FPR

John W2XS wrote:
I like:

1 = 10m
2 = 20m
3 = 30m
4 = 40m
5 = 15m
6 = 60m
7 = 17m
8 = 80m
9
0 = 160m

I use "band down" or "band down" to go to 6m or 12m.

73,

John W2XS

Brett wrote: Or you can always make it relatively easy to remember by using
something
like:

2 - 20 Meters
3 - 30 Meters