To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Sidetone Monitor Preference Opinions

Sidetone level should be independently adjustable IMO.

I use headphones. When operating QSK, if I've run up the AF gain to
hear a weak station, I don't want to be blasted by high sidetone level
when I start sending, as would be the case if sidetone level tracked
the AF gain.  I don't want to have to adjust the AF gain control
between sending and receiving under those circumstances to control the
sidetone level.

Bob NW8L