DOUGLAS ZWIEBEL wrote:

> I think having lots of Beta versions avaible to all is very cool and
> exciting, but then there are us non-early adopters to remember too.

Speaking as a field tester, I feel there is little risk in using beta
versions.  Anything publicly posted by Elecraft has already been through
some level of testing by the field test team.  It's not like there hasn't
been any testing at all, and you can always back up a version or two if
there's a problem.  You're not going to permanently "break" anything in the
rig by loading beta firmware.  I'm much more leery about loading SP3
(still!) for Windows XP than I am beta firmware for the K3.

That said, even I would probably not use a very recently released version in
a contest.

73,  Bill