I never load anything from MS until it's been out for a while (no offence meant Mitch).

However, from Apple and Mac OSX, I'm quite happy to run software update every week (Apple don't release beta to the public at large).

With some software, MacLoggerDX for example, I've actually helped test beta and had no concerns, because I trust the vendor.

With the K3, I happily load the betas as they are available. One, because they are very stable, two because its easy to revert to any previous version, three because I trust Wayne and Lyle etc.

And hey, this is Ham Radio, not my employers business critical, client facing application.

Beta is just a convenient name, they could have used 'fred' or any other name. Yes they are really pre-release or pre-production, but unless we get into pre-release 1/2/3, Gold1, Gold2 etc. It's easier to just call them beta and production.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
What is the purpose of the giant sequoia tree? The purpose of the giant
sequoia tree is to provide shade for the tiny titmouse.