I tried connecting LINE IN and LINE OUT to the on-board soundcard (Realtek ALC883) on my PC and the problem now appears to be solved.

LINE OUT level is now 13 and the MIC (LINE IN) level is now 30, which looks about right. Well, right enough for my first PSK31 contacts with EU stations on 30m. I was running about 5W.

I can only assume that the input and output levels on the Aureal Vortex PCI card are too low for the K3.

73

Bob MM0RKT