Hi Lyle,

only to be sure - if I have in CONFIG: LINE OUT - PHONES which D/A is used - this one for SP/PHONES ?

Then LINE OUT level is controlled by AF knob so I suppose that PH/SP channel is used but not sure.

Thanks

Lexa, OK1DST

Lyle Johnson napsal(a):
There are three distinct stereo audio channels in the K3, and they all have slightly different characteristics.

LINE OUT

This has its own digital-to-analog converter (DAC) and is transformer isolated.

PHONES

This shares a DAC with the speaker channel, but has its own amplifier and isolating resistors to help reduce the impact of plugging in two sets of headphones.

SPEAKER

This shares a DAC with the headphones, but has its own stereo amplifier.

We are aware of the discussions regarding harmonic distortion in these audio paths. While it is easy to just say, "The radio meets specs!" (and it does :-) we are looking at ways to improve the performance of the entire audio system.

73,

Lyle KK7P