Bob,

In fact, just pressing SPLIT should get you to the same condition as two A-B taps and pressing SPLIT.

Miss one of the three steps are you're transmitting on the DX frequency.

I just don't understand the logic. It isn't if operating split is a rare occurrence.

Those few who want cross band or cross mode splits ought to have to do the extra taps.

I really hope Elecraft will fix this some day.   Other rigs have it right.

Of course there is the $600 solution........

73 de Brian/K3KO

Bob Cunnings wrote:

In a related vein, the "improvement" introduced in version 1.87/1.69
still gets me once in a while. Previously, a single tap of the A->B
button copied frequency, mode and filter settings from VFO A to VFO B.
Starting with 1.87, two taps are needed - the first to copy the
frequency, and another to copy mode and filter settings. The result
can be the same as in your case if I go split but forget to tap A->B
twice. No rationale was given for the change, but from a ergonomics
standpoint I never understood why the most common use case was
complicated in this way.

Bob NW8L