Dave Agsten wrote:
After reading all of the stories of problems with the KRX3, I've
decided not to install the one I received a couple of months ago. I
originally planned to wait and see how other installations played out
especially after reading that the front panel had to be removed and
messed with in order to do the KRX3 installation. That's the last
thing I wanted to do. I took extreme care with the front panel during
the initial kit assembly and had no problems at all. I think that
taking something like the front panel assembly apart is just asking
for trouble. I'll bet others now agree with me.

Dave, you are having "reflector-induced panic"! Hundreds of KRX3's have been installed without problems, but you only read about the horror stories on the reflector.

It takes a few hours to do if you work slowly and carefully, and taking the front panel apart is not hard at all. The instructions are good and the secret is just to take your time and follow them.

If you assembled the K3 in the first place you should have no trouble. There are no 'issues' with the KRX3, and if you have a problem Elecraft will help you out.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco