On 21 okt 2008, at 12.32, Bill W4ZV wrote:

Regarding assembly issues, there appears to be a great variety of skill levels of people doing this successfully. If you can follow directions explicitly, I believe you will have no problems. Many of the problems I see on this list result from those who do not follow the instructions exactly.

Exactly as Bill describes it! The manual is very easy to follow, but you need the patience to do it step by step.

Having used my KRX3 on 160 since QRN levels have dropped, I would not want to be without it. I distinctly recall several QSOs in the Stew Perry Warmup this weekend where diversity saved repeats due to QSB. I remember one QSO
where the DX signal shifted from left to right in my headset as he was
sending the exchange. If I had been listening on either antenna alone, I would not have copied it without asking for a repeat due to the rapid QSB.

I believe ours was one of those contacts, I was working the warmup using my SE0X call and I was definitely hearing U better in my end. But QSB was deep and you where up and down in the noise level. For practical reasons I was not using diversity, but I have the same experience as you. The second RX is really worth the investment and the downtime to install it. I have matched 2.7 and .500 filters in mine and it works great!

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
SE0X