KB1GRM wrote:

> I'm struggling to set up K3 for PSK31 and hit a snag.
>
> I can decode signals with fldigi on a Thinkpad X61s running
> Sidux. My K3 MCU is 2.46, which apparently I can't upgrade because
> that's the highest version for linux at this point. For data mode I've
> got the 400 Hz filter selected.
>
>   set MIC SEL to LINE IN,
>   set MODE to DATA,
>   set RF power to 20W,
>   set DATA MD to DATA-A.
>
> Now the problem: I hold METER to display CMP/ALC scales. The CMP is
> zero, as it should be. I next try to adjust the MIC control to set ALC
> to 4 bars, but instead of any bars appearing, the MIC control only
> sets LINE to the values 0 to 60.
>
> Also I should note that in my laptop waterfall display, the width is
> only about 400. I have for FL1 the 8-pole 2.8K and for FL2 the 8-pole
> 400Hz.

I think that you haven't assigned FL1 the 2.8K filter for data mode in the
config menu. I'm not looking at the K3 right now so I can't give you the
exact menu, but it's the same steps you should have gone through for SSB and
CW.

Don't understand why you can't upgrade the MCU due to running Linux. I
didn't think any version of firmware was specific to the host PC OS.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3