Julian G4ILO wrote:

A couple of stations lost out on a point from me because they were sending
so fast that neither the K3 nor I could copy them. Why do people do this?
Surely the number of contacts lost because people like me who are not CW
wizards just can't copy them must negate the benefit of any time saved?
These stations were repeatedly calling CQ and if I could have read them we
could have easily had a contact.

------

That's exactly why most commercial CW circuits strictly forbade high speed
operation, often enforcing a 15 to 18 wpm maximum speed rule. Moderate
speeds moves information faster than higher speeds, especially when a
variety of stations are in contact such as traffic handling between ships
and shore stations.

I assume they didn't respond to a "QRS" from you...

Ron AC7AC