David Cutter wrote:

> Simple solution:  if calling at high speed gets reduced contacts, slow
> down,
> if not, carry on.  I've been on both ends of this debate.

So have I.  I often reduce my speed on the second day of a contest and I
ALWAYS reduce my speed to that of any station calling me.  However, if
you're a rare station like 4L0A, you're always going to have a multitude of
stations calling.  Are you going to answer one calling you at 15 WPM or will
you answer the guy who makes one crisp call at 35 WPM?  The answer is
obvious.  Wash and repeat the cycle...because the DX station wants to make
as many QSOs as possible rather than slowing down for pedestrians.

BTW, someone mentioned D4B (home call 4L5A).  Whoever was operating 4L0A
sounded exactly like his style.

73,  Bill  W4ZV