In preparation for the arrival of a K3 kit at my doorstep I'm
thinking I might want to plan ahead to make things simpler.

I'm ordering the K3 100W kit and have a K9AY receiving antenna and
will be using a Titan 425 amplifier with it. I have several power
supplies I can use with one being the larger Heathkit 13.8 supply
which works fine with my TenTec gear. I also have a TenTec power
supply which matches with my Omni V.

Are there any caveats or unexpected boondoggles I can expect to run
into that I might get ready to resolve before it arrives?

I don't have much working test equipment here, the scope is broken
and I need to disassemble it and find out why there are fried
resistors. No telling, I wasn't using it when it went south.

I do have a Sprague TelOhmMic and a basic digital ohm/volt meter.
Also have a newer MFJ SWR analyzer.

As to the Amp,

When connecting to the TenTec transcievers, the TenTec Titan 425 has
RCA connects for key in & key out

The key out from the Titan goes to the TX EN of the Omni.
The Key in from the Titan goes to the TX out of the Omni.
CW key goes to the Transceiver Key jack

Apparently those are TenTec designated functions so I question if
another rig like the K3 has the exact equivilents. The manual says to
interconnect to other transceivers by doing the following:

Titan Key out to the transceiver Key jack
Titan PTT/VOX to the transceiver "EXT T/R N.O. Relay jack"
CW key goes to the Key In of the Titan.

I wonder about the relay timing issues as I often run QSK in contests
and DX pileups. The 425 is a classic amp so I'm hoping these details
have been figured out to exquisite detail by now and I won't have to
re-invent the wheel.

Anything I should have asked but didn't?

Thanks for any pointers.

Gary
KA1J