To my initial question:

"
> I'm ordering the K3 100W kit and have a K9AY receiving antenna and
> will be using a Titan 425 amplifier with it. I have several power
> supplies I can use with one being the larger Heathkit 13.8 supply
> which works fine with my TenTec gear. I also have a TenTec power
> supply which matches with my Omni V.
>
> Are there any caveats or unexpected boondoggles I can expect to run
> into that I might get ready to resolve before it arrives? "

Jim K9YC was most helpful with my question on using the Titan 425
with the K3:

"I have three 425s, and have used them in contesting for years using
this arrangement, which was a way of doing QSK with virtually any rig
(the 425 was designed before 1980).

You do NOT need to do this with the K3 -- the K3 has a built in TX
delay (adjustable in CONFIG) so that the TX/RX relay in the amp has
time to switch. So simply set the 425 in PTT mode and feed it the amp
keying line from the K3. I'm conservative, so I set the delay for
12ms to give the relay plenty of time to switch. The default is 8ms.
-------------------------------------

And Mike AC5P offered the same kind of good suggestion:

"Gary, The one thing different about the K3 is the DC power input
connector. This is an Anderson 30A Power Pole connector. I don´t know
of any other ham gear that uses this type of connector. IMHO, it is
superior to the Molex type plug/jacks that the others supply. They
supply one (and one only) connector and 6 ft of #12 DC zip cord. Most
hams don´t have the special crimp tool, so you will have to solder
the pins correctly positioned THE FIRST TIME to make it up."
-------------------------------------

As to the Amp, I'll be sure to read up on how to find the delay in
config. Last time I modified anything with "config" was back with
windoze 95 :) I'm sure that config / setup will be something I will
be using a fair amount at first & probably when I update and the
like.

As to the Power Pole connector, this will be my introduction to them,
never seen one before. Thus far I've been a dinosaur when it comes to
new ham gear & my newest anything is 20 years old till now with the
exception of my K9AY sold by Array and my Ameritron coax switch.
Wait, I do have a butternut I use for 40 & up that was made in the
mid 90's... :}

Any other suggestions regarding a heads up perhaps regarding
specialty assembly/test equipment I will need to be ready for the k3
100W kit?

Thanks for the help!

73,

Gary