Thanks folks, you've offered me some really helpful information. If
this was a website forum I'd suggest these ideas be part of a
"sticky" for others would find them most helpful too.

Maybe the folks at Elecraft might add a pdf to their info section/FAQ
with such helpful pointers for the new members of the group.

I loved my Erector sets as a kid & then Heathkit & now I get to play
with a parts kit again only prettier and much mo' better. What fun!

Thanks,

Gary
KA1J