On 1 dec 2008, at 19.12, Jim Brown wrote:

Interesting propagation from several locations on 20M caused very strong echoes that ran characters together to the point that I couldn't copy them at all. One example was about 1800Z Sunday for signals from anywhere NE USA and eastern Canada (that is, W1, W2, W3, VE1, VE2, VE3). Around 2200Z I was hearing it on a few JA stations. I'm about 70 miles S of San Francisco and use wire dipoles, so I don't have directivity to protect me from secondary
arrivals.

I also had this happening to me, with EU stations coming back several paths. The was one PA (I believe) that I just gave up on, his code just melted together to one steady carrier.

On 80 meter I had a nice run Sunday night squeezed between two stations where the variable filtering came in handy. First I was a little annoyed when a station sneaked up very close on me starting a run, but after some filter tweaking I felt pretty good with my tight spot on the band.

Overall it was a fun weekend with the K3!

My claimed score is here;
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/3830/2008-December/164538.html

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG