Thanks,

For the many who responded to my question on hook-up for the K3 using the digital modes, THANKS.

It works with MixW using the two cables from the in/out of the K3 to the mic/speaker on the computer along with a serial cable for rig control. Once I figured out that 'line in' had a gain control automatically selected when 'main/mic sel' was in the 'line in' position! It's where we normally adjust the mic gain control. Neat.

I placed this in PF-1 memory which makes it easily to select when moving back and forth from digital to CW/SSB. And using the K3 at about 2.5 watts into a THP SS amp at 10/12 watts on the digital modes, everything runs very cool.

It's a learning process but with good help here on the reflector, it was possible and again thanks for the thoughtful help.

Side bar: The dual PB feature for CW is great and thanks to Ralph, K1ZZI/4 for calling that to my attention. I still can't believe all the goodies this rig has.

CU, lynn W4NL