----- Original Message -----
From: "Lynn Lamb, W4NL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft Reflector" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 7:00 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 and the digital modes

> ... Once I figured out that 'line in' had a gain
> control automatically selected when 'main/mic
> sel' was in the 'line in' position!  It's where we
> normally adjust the mic gain control. ... I placed
> this ...

[ Pronoun reference: Switching between Line In and Mic Gain
functions? ]

> ... in PF-1 memory which makes it easily to
> select when moving back and forth from digital
> to CW/SSB...

Note my query in square brackets.

I'm about to set up my K3 with my computer sound card for WSJT
(DATA A mode) operation. You seem to imply above that it is
necessary to retweak the Mic Gain / Line In control every time you
go from SSB to DATA A and vice-versa. I would think the setting
for Line In would be remembered for the DATA A mode, once set. Is
this not the case? Is it necessary to adjust either Line In or Mic
Gain when switching back and forth? I sure hope not...

Bill W5WVO