Something is not right, and a tip off is that two rigs have problems. Are you using the EXACT same cable to connect your 6 meter antenna to the 3 rigs? Are you using any relays or coax switches? I've been to a few shacks where the ham claims a brand new rig is junk. Twice, the jumper from their A/B was junk. There is no way the K3 would only hear the friend with an amp real weak. One guys shack had a bad jumper, that worked when you had it going to right, but not stretched to the left! The Elecraft Noise Generator is worth its weight in gold and platinum. Gives you a real quick check on reality.

   Please double check your setup, very carefully.

   tom k8tb

Phil LaMarche wrote:
One of the reasons I purchased a K3 was to have a superior 6 meter rig. I have 5 elements at 85 ft. A friend about 12 miles away was working all kinds of stations and I can't hear a single one and his KW was very faint with an antenna at 85 ft. My Flex 5000A didn't work on 6 meters as well and the Pro III heard everything.