I have three 8 pole filters installed, 2.8, 1.8, and .4 kHz. As I
rotate the WIDTH knob, the filters switch in and out at their
transition frequencies (as they should). But when that switch occurs,
the background noise pitch frequency seems to jump to a different
SHIFT frequency setting.  In other words, the transition between
filters is not smooth.

I am wondering if all K3's with 8 pole filters do the same thing as mine?

My filter offsets are all set to zero, as that is what I am told the
8 pole filters offsets should be.