> Is there somewhere where I might find a more exhaustive step by step
> discussion of seting up sound levels on the pc while connected to the
> K3...

Not that I am aware of.

Best to learn by doing.  Put the radio in TX TEST mode and play with the
LINE IN GAIN and the PC soundcard program.  Don't get too worried about
the ALC bars.  4 or 5 bars is fine. In some cases the bars fluctuate a bit.

When things look good, get out of test mode and goon the air :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P