gdaught6 wrote:

> Some people learned by little phrases that sound like the characters.
> Example:
> "Charlie got it" (dahdidahdit = "c", or "charlie")  This requires
> translating the sound
> into a phrase, then translating the phrase into the letter.  That's an
> extra mental step
> and I don't recommend it.

I couldn't agree more here. I learned some of these and feel they are a
crutch, as I'm having a hard time breaking the 13wpm barrier. Especially
L.... I think it might have been on the 5wpm Gordon West tape, he said to
think of 'la LA la la.' Works great for 5wpm! But not at 20. I can hardly
hear an L and not say that in my head while the next character is coming at
me. I seriously wish I could erase all the code in my head and start from
scratch at a faster speed. Retraining is really hard!

Congrats on the extra... that's fantastic! My goal is to take the exam at
Dayton this year, but the more advanced electronic theory is eating me
alive.