-----Original Message-----
This is interesting.  I run 100 watts output on RTTY, CQing and working
stations at a continual flow, and the fans hardly run at all.  The PA
temperature stays down.  I wonder if there is something unique going on with
your K3(s)?  One user found a fan wire impeding the blades of one of his
fans and even on CW, he had the same experience described above.

Ed - W0YK

Excellent point, Ed.

I've learned that some of the fan wires are not twisted as they were on the
prototype used to write the KPA3 installation procedure. Without twisting,
the wires much more easily contact a fan blade when the fan panel is
mounted. It doesn't take much to stop a fan from starting up. If one doesn't
turn at all, there's no tell-tale noise to indicate something is wrong but
cooling is definitely compromised.

We've added a step to the installation procedure to check to be sure both
fans turn freely after the panel is mounted, but most of the current K3
owners who installed their own KPA3 weren't instructed to do that. It's
worth taking a peek to see if both fans are operating at all speeds. One
doesn't even need to open up the cover. Just position the K3 so you can see
the fans then go to CONFIG:KPA3 and turn the VFO A knob to cycle through the
four fan (Fn) speeds.

Be sure to return the menu to "nor" before exiting for the KPA3 to work.

Ron AC7AC