Evert Bakker (PA2KW) wrote:

> For me, I'm quite sure it has to do with the digitalization. That sound is
> far from natural and is ADDITIONAL to the normal audio signal. That addition
> sounds sharp, metallic, like these "extreme low cost" jingle bell" sounds in
> all kind of gifts (sorry for the comparison between these two). But it is
> "next" to the normal signal and many db's down.

K8ZOA replied:

There is a 3.9 KHz digitization artifact about 78 dB down from normal
audio level. Is this what you hear?

I suspect Jack has identified Evert's problem.  The 3.9 kHz artifact should
sound exactly as Evert describes.

Maybe, maybe not.  Evert, can you please make a WAV recording while the sharp
metallic audio is present?  Please email me a copy of the WAV file.

73,
Barry N1EU