Wes,

You are quite correct!  The K3 has a handle on it - that makes it
perfect for pedestrian mobile :-)  - just attach an antenna to your
shoulder and put a battery in your pocket.
If one wants to use his K3 in that manner (and accept the consequences
of that), then who am I to criticize.

OTOH, those who are unwilling to accept the natural consequences of
using the K3 in that manner, I have to say "Don't do that"
We all have heard the adage about the guy who complained to his doctor
about how his forehead hurt when he hit it with his fist - the same
answer applies - "Don't do that"

73,
Don W3FPR