Hi Steve,

I just enabled in the CONFIG menu,and wired the mic according to schematics.
Buttons between up/down line and grounding. Icom uses a resistor scheme for
switching so the HM107B had a small rewiring inside.

The reaction of up/down btw is not fast!
So using an encoder on these lines will probably be kind of sluggish....
Better to do that by serial data.

73'
Paul
PD0PSB

Really? How do you activate them? I tried grounding them and got the N/A.
Must be another way. I was thinking of rigging up an optical encoder, knob
etc. and creating a remote knob like TenTec has. I do have config:mic btn
enabled.