On 2009-05-14, at 14:26 , Terry Dunlap wrote:

> I must be missing something here.  For the life of my I can't figure
> why
> you would want to be changing frequency while transmitting CW (or any
> other mode)

I'm the author of the post that Bill (W4ZV) quoted. My experiments
with the PowerMate are recent and on-going. I'm considering modifying
my software to support more than one PowerMate :-)

It's rather handy to be able to change the *receive* frequency while
transmitting, without disrupting the transmit frequency or the
formation of Morse characters. Some radios severely hose CW if you
fiddle with front panel controls while transmitting. The K3 is pretty
good about this, but not yet perfect.

W4NL noted that the TenTec 315 soft-rubber trim rings fit the K3 VFOA
knob nicely. They also fit the PowerMate knob, although not quite as
snugly; no comment on color choices.

  Bill, K1GQ