Hello,
After testing new beta 3.25 I have fond that new NR software has lost the
ability to make weak signals to stand out on low bands.
This was one of the best features the K3 had in small and bad QTH like mine,
3 BC and a Big Power Station, all of them at 1 to 2KM away, you can not
imaging the QRM I have.
I have read here many K3 users in this list are very glad with new NR, I
suppose are SSB operators and most using it on normal conversation and not
very weak signal.
The new NR is quite good for chatting just in the line of my old IC-PRO2,
there is no much difference changing the adjustments like the old NR but for
CW the old firmware with narrow roofing filter, looks to me a bit but better
as an old FT-1000 Peak Filter, very good for 160M.
Maybe it could be add in a future firmware for CW operators as a digital
Peak Filter similar to old NR.
So for me or I go down to V3.19 and missing all new improvements or use my
old FT-1000 for Low bands, which is not very good after all money I have
spent in my full K3.
Thanks, 73.
Jaime, EA6NB.