> Many FT-1000D owners (and non-owners who have used them) have urged
> implementation of an Audio Peak Filter in the K3 for weak-signal CW
> work.

The APF on the FT-1000D is exceptional and it's a true gain-producing
peaking filter at the center frequency.  By contrast, the APF in the Icom
7700/7800 is probably better characterized as an audio bandpass (ABP) filter
with no peaking gain at the center frequency.  I suppose the ideal APF would
incorporate all the attributes of a single-channel parametric EQ with
variable "Q," frequency, and amplitude.

Paul, W9AC