Jaime . . .

Many FT-1000D owners (and non-owners who have used them) have urged
implementation of an Audio Peak Filter in the K3 for weak-signal CW
work.  Only those who have used a 1000D can appreciate why this request
keeps recurring.  It has nothing to do with fondness for a venerable old
rig, and everything to do with the performance of the APF.

I continue to marvel at the way white noise and miscellaneous garbage
are eliminated at the 50 cycle setting of the K3's DSP.  But as good as
it is, the signal remains what it is -- there is no peaking as there is
with the 1000D.

Several of us have discussed this with Wayne from the first days of
production, and while it may someday be addressed further, for now the
issue is moot.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV
K3  #21

Jaime P.Ullivarri wrote (with word insertions by K9ZTV to improve the
English):