Joe,

The old MP dsp demod is a bit different from the MKV, as far as I know.

Given the MP.
If I shift the IF in the MP to the opposite sideband, retune with the
dial, then the signal is there just like it would be on the right
sideband. Then tap the DSP demod and 'presto' : the signal is inaudible.
(The S-meter still moves but that is because the dsp demod is outside
the AGC-loop).

Maybe the difference in suppression level is in the AGC since the MP
still has reduced gain when you tap the dsp demod, which is different
from the K3 of course.

It just struck me that the sidebandsuppression was not so absolute in
the K3. Sideband suppression is, I think, another algorithm than
passband filtering. But I'm not an expert in DSP SW.

73
Arie