Steve,

Hopefully I can make it more clear.

The speaker and line out audio *already* had sufficient low response
with no changes.  The headphone output had limitations unless higher
impedance headphones were used.  The capacitor changes allowed lower
frequency response with lower impedance headphones.

As for the firmware, previously, the bass response was limited in the
firmware.  That limitation has now been relaxed and greater low
frequency content can be heard in the speaker (assuming you have a
speaker that can produce those lows, the internal speaker is not that
speaker), or at line out.  If you are using low impedance headphones,
you will need to increase the capacitors to hear the difference in the
headphone output.

73,
Don W3FPR