P.B. Christensen wrote:

> I think what some folks are requesting is an updated schematic, showing
> the
> new values.  But what they may not realize is that 7 SMT capacitors are
> changed -- or in the alternative, the corresponding SMT resistors require
> solder re-work and that's in addition to the C9/C13 change and so the
> total
> parts change may be in excess of 10.  That's a lot of propensity for
> damage
> to the board and it really makes sense to just opt for the board swap
> through Elecraft.

But since the capacitor values are all being increased, is it not an option
simply to add conventional electrolytic capacitors in parallel to the SMT
ones, as the photos on the Russian website appear to illustrate? That is
something most people would be capable of doing, and could be especially
attractive to those of us in Europe for whom the total cost of the board
swap will amount to a lot more than $65.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html