Hello,

I also found Doug's posting refreshing. Reading the posts on the reflector,
it's very easy to get the impression that the K3 is complex and
intidimidating to operate. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I
upgraded from the simple, "entry level" IC-718 and find that I operate the
K3 pretty much same way as that radio. I adjust the AF volume to a
comfortable level, tune around and talk into the microphone. When the going
gets tough, like in the CQWW contest, I crank the hi cut down to 2.1kHz (lo
cut stays at 0.3kHz always) and watch the 1.8kHz filter kick in.
Occasionally I need the noise blanker. This is an excellent radio which does
not need a lot of knob twiddling to perform its duty. The new macro feature
is very interesting and I have every intention of creating a few, but so far
I have just continued to operate the radio on the bands. One of these days,
but with 15m starting to come back to life, at least in contests....

AB2TC - Knut