On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 12:39:51 -0700
"Gary D Krause" <n7...@bresnan.net> wrote:

> Why do you still have both?  The K2 is my main station rig.  I
> recently considered buying a K3 and even went to the Elecraft web
> site to order it. Each time I backed off so that I could think more
> about it.

>snip<

Hi Gary,

I'm still working on my KX-1, so I can't speak from direct experience
about the K2 or K3. But it seems to me the telling phrase in your post
is "for the kind of operating I do, the K2 is great." So the next
question might be: How strong are your urges to operate Amen, FM, and
digital? If they are not *that* strong, and the K2 is great for the
kind of operating you do, then it sounds like you're set. Put another
way, given the kind of operating you enjoy, what's the single biggest
improvement you could make to your station with $1,500 to $2,000
(rounded) to play with?

Just a thought...

With best regards,

Pete