My two cents to this endless topic.
I am one of the many owners of both the K3 and the K2 and when I got recently
my K2 which is fully loaded with every single board Elecraft designed and
built,I had them both side by side for a month testing them day and night using
always same antennas switched back and forward with a A/B coaxial switch,and
these were my results:
station easily
Noise level: (noise floor): The K2 has less noise than the K3 in all bands.So
its easier to pull weak stations from the noise than at the K3.Most of the
times there is no need to use the NR at the K2 when at the K3 has to be used.
Selectivity:At the K2  Its hard to receive a weak station when at only 5Khz
there is a strong one(on SSB)  but when using the K3 and the proper roofer with
the DSP set to same BW is very easy to have a clean signal even at 2Khz away
from the strong one.The ladder filter at the K2 at least for SSB is not enough
selective even using the FL4 at 1.8Khz,,but nevertheless for CW it works
terrific on selectivity in spite of its not better than the roofers at the
K3.In CW my K2 at 400hz BW has a little bit of ringing noise but then the K3
even at 50Hz BW has none at all.
Audio quality:Even my K2 has the SSB board modified for 2.6Khz BW,its audio
response is only from 180 to about 2800Hz,so its audio is not so wide as the
one at the K3 that goes from 50 to 3800Hz,so when you want to hear AM broadcast
or some of the guys who are transmitting ESSB,the K3 will not sound as pleasent
as the K3 and after a while is tiring,I can be hours listening my K3 and will
never be tired of it.
On TX same deal,the K2 even sound very good, is limited strictly to what is
needed for two way audio comunications,but if you want to tailor your voice
with any mic there is no way to do it,just try different mics until you find
the one that fits better with your personal pitch,in my case I found the
Kenwood MC-43S to be the best for my voice.At the K3 you can use any mic that
the builtin 8 bands EQ will make it sound very good and your audio well
balanced at wider BW.
Will I sell my K2 even is not so good as the K3? No way ! That's a keeper as
much as the K3 is,but for not taking dust here at home,I have it now at my work
shop to listen during my lunch time how  the bands are and the day I travel or
go to a field day or a picnic,the K2 will be the designated one.
Both radios are different on design and use but both play high league.
73

AD4C

"For a refined ham it is compulsory to own a k3"

"For a refined ham it is compulsory to own a k3"