Steve posted:
>> I guess the only way to do this and not get confused is to fiddle with
>> memories or remember to tune back within whatever ham band
>> you happened to screw up before changing bands.

I do a lot of SWL'ing and AM BCB listening and always return to the ham
bands by using one of the first 10 memory locations. This was an idea posted
a while ago and I still find it very handy.  It's almost like band buttons.
I use:

Mem 1 = 10 meters
Mem 2 = 20 meters
Mem 3 = 30 meters
Mem 4 = 40 meters
Mem 5 = 15 meters
Mem 6 = 60 meters (then M1 to M4 for the rest)
Mem 7 = 17 meters
Mem 8 = 80 meters
Mem 9 = 6 meters (6 = upside down 9)
Mem 0 = 160 meters

I have been able to remember these assignments. To get to 12 meters, I first
go to 15 meters as above and then press Band Up.

I have most of the other 90 available memories filled with misc. SWL and AM
BCB station frequencies. To rapidly switch between memories, I normally use
the program "Commander", which has access to all 100 memory locations.  I
programmed the first 10 in Commander to be the same as the first 10 in the
K3.

73,

John W2XS